Caesarstone is the ideal eco-friendly choice for a kitchen, bathroom or commercial application. One of nature's most durable materials, quartz - is also one of the world's most abundant minerals. Found almost everywhere on the earth’s surface, constituting approximately 12% of its crust, its long-lasting durability and the fact that it is entirely non-toxic means that Caesarstone quartz surfaces have a relatively small eco-footprint. Caesarstone is committed to a cleaner, safer and better quality environment. Caesarstone’s environmental protection policy sets out clear and measurable objectives which are strictly adhered to in order to maintain our compliance with the most stringent international standards and regulations.
Environmental Management Responsibility
- Saving water - We operate an advanced filter system, recycling 97% of the water used in production processes.
- Reducing soil pollution - We recycle excess industrial materials to reduce landfill burial and resultant soil pollution.
- Recycling industrial waste - We operate a modern industrial waste recycling system.
- Eco-friendly packaging - We use recyclable packaging materials.
- Low CO2 emissions - Our meticulous production processes and exclusive use of sea transportation to move raw materials and finished products help to minimize the emission of pollutant materials that may endanger the environment.
- Energy saving - We monitor and control energy consumption to maximize efficiency.
- Use of post-production materials - We re-use industrial residues in our production processes to reduce the need for excessive, new quartz quarrying and thus preserve precious natural resources.
A Safer, Cleaner Environment
- Air purification - We operate air purification systems in our plants and its surroundings.
- Protecting the environment against fine dust - We collect dust throughout our manufacturing processes.
- Responsible storage - We store raw materials in a safe, clean environment on sealed pallets to prevent possible leakage of ground polluting substances.
Compliance with Environmental Protection - We remain fully compliant with the changing requirements of international environmental protection standards. We allocate substantial resources to diverse environment protection activities according to globally approved policy and procedures. See all our certifications below:
Green Building Council of South Africa (GBCSA)
Created by the Green Building Council of South Africa, the Green Star rating system is designed to evaluate the environmental design and performance of buildings, and to drive the adoption of green building practices through market-based solutions. A range of Caesarstone products comply with several credit criteria for ‘Indoor Environment Quality’ and ‘Materials’ for the GBCSA’s Green Star Rating system. Caesarstone is a supporter and member of the Green Building Council of South Africa. For more information, visit http://www.gbcsa.org.za/
Compliance with NSF 51
Our products are compliant with the International Health and Safety Foundation sanitary standard (NSF 51), ensuring that our quartz working surfaces are safe for use in all food environments.
Scientific Certification Systems (SCS)
SCS has recently approved Caesarstone products listed below in terms of percentage of recycling materials that they are made from. Scientific Certification Systems (SCS) is a global leader in independent certification and verification of environmental, sustainability, stewardship, food quality, food safety and food purity claims. Caesarstone's certified products include Mosaici Carbone 7150.
GREENGUARD & GREENGUARD For Children & Schools Certification
All Caesarstone surfaces comply with the American GREENGUARD Environmental Institute (GEI) certification which verifies that our products meet the most stringent indoor air emission standards. GREENGUARD Children & Schools standard evaluates the sensitive nature of school populations combined with the unique building characteristics found in schools and presents the most rigorous product emissions criteria to date. For more information about the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute, visit http://www.greenguard.org.
Declare label: Building a Transparent Future
Caesarstone has added a third-party verified Declare label to most of our interior products so that you can know what is in the products you covet for your next project.
Our ingredients are listed on Declare Labels that are verified and approved by an external third party.
For full transparency, you can trust what's precisely inside most of our products, which are 100% fit for use in Living Building Challenge (LBC) projects, LEED buildings, and International Living Future Institute (ILFI) initiatives.
Developed by USGBC (United States Green Building Council), LEED - Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design - is an American accredited certification program for the design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings. As a member of USGBC, we are a natural partner for green building projects worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.usgbc.org.
ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
Caesarstone takes pride in being the world's first quartz surface company to comply with ISO 14001, the international standard for environmental preservation regulations. ISO 14001 guides our working practices according to environmental goals - monitoring activities; investing in tools for enhancing a quality environment, employee and supplier training; health and safety procedures, and environment-friendly production processes. Caesarstone fully complies with OHSAS requirements for an occupational health and safety (OHSAS) management system. Developed to be compatible with the ISO 9001 (Quality) and ISO 14001 (Environmental) management systems standards, OHSAS 18001 was designed to facilitate the integration of quality, environmental and occupational health and safety management systems by organizations.
To download any certificates from the above-mentioned items, click here >>