PRIVACY (DATA PROTECTION) POLICY
This policy explains how International Slab Sales (Pty) Ltd. generally obtains, uses and discloses user information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”), on this website and/or its affiliates namely: https://www.caesarstone.co.za, https://www.interslab.co.za, https://www.rudischoice.co.za, https://www.infinitysurfaces.co.za, and https://www.eeziquartz.co.za
According to POPIA, ‘‘personal information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. The full definition can be found in the Act.
The information we collect
1. We collect and process user information mainly to personalise and continually improve our customer service and develop ways to improve your experience at International Slab Sales.
2. For this purpose, we will collect contact and store basic details from users including name, address, phone, fax and cell phone numbers, e-mail address, etc, in order to respond to requests and to be able to communicate with you.
3. Information provided by users when completing an online form or communicating with us, may also include interests and business information (if applicable). We use this information for such purposes as customising future services for you.
4. We may also obtain information from other sources to be added to a user’s account information, for the business to function and to provide its services efficiently. This information may include:
• updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties;
• account information;
• purchase or redemption information;
• page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services;
• search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by certain organizations;
• search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links);
• credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some users,
• information from data providers.
5. When personal information is collected, users will be made aware what information is required to be provided to us and what information is optional, as well the purpose of the collection and other relevant details relating to the processing of such information.
B. How we use and retain users’ information
1. International Slab Sales will use personal information of users only for the purposes for which it was collected.
2. The personal information will be used and retained as consented to or agreed with the user, or in terms of relevant legal obligations, or otherwise as may be required in pursuance of contractual obligations with the user, our legitimate business interests or to protect the interests of the user.
3. Examples are where a user’s information may be retained for legal or research purposes, or:
• To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis.
• For audit and record keeping purposes.
• In connection with legal proceedings.
C. Disclosure of information
1. Information about our users is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to other companies. As we do with our own, we respect your privacy.
2. We share user information only as described in this statement and with controls that are either subject to, or at least as protective as, this Privacy Notice. Any information we gain through our use of customer polls, surveys, cookies, session tracking or anything else, is used internally and for the sole purpose of providing a better service to our users.
3. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass a user’s personal information agrees to treat that information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
4. International Slab Sales may however disclose relevant personal information of a user to certain service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
5. We may also disclose a user’s information:
• Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law.
• Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights, or the rights of one or more users.
D. Information security
1. We are legally obliged to take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information we hold and to prevent unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review audit our security controls and related processes to ensure that a user’s personal information remains secure.
2. However, while we take reasonable measures to maintain a secure site, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering and break-ins, and we cannot guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place.
3. When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
E. Your rights
1. Access to information: Users have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about that them. To do this, simply contact International Slab Sales at the numbers/addresses as provided on our website and specify what information you require. We will require positive identification before providing details of personal information. Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
2. Correction or deletion of information: Users have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete their personal information. We will require to confirm identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about the user.
3. Withdrawal of consent: Where you have consented to the collection and use of certain personal information, such as being on our mailing list, you may withdraw such consent at any time by unsubscribing, clicking the “opt-out” link in the footer of the website, or by letting us know to remove you from the list.
4. Objection and complaints: Users have the right to object, in certain circumstances, to the processing of their personal information in the prescribed manner. A user may also lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.
F. How to contact us
1. If you have any queries about our privacy practices, wish to withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website. If you have any concern about privacy at our site, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
1. If you choose to visit our site, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
2. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes.
3. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected users.
CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT NO. 68 OF 2008 (CPA)
South African CPA laws shall supersede any International Slab Sales terms and conditions which conflict with the Act or any other laws in the Republic of South Africa.
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSACTIONS ACT NO. 25 OF 2003 (ECT ACT)
South African ECT laws shall supersede any International Slab Sales data privacy policies which conflict with the Act or any other laws in the Republic of South Africa.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT NO. 4 OF 2013 (POPI ACT)
South African POPI laws shall supersede any International Slab Sales data privacy policies which conflict with the Act or any other laws in the Republic of South Africa.